Sunday, May 3, 2009

Thankful for the Sabbath - a day of rest

I am thankful for Sunday. A day of rest from the norms of weekday life such as:
* grocery shopping
* laundry
* taking the kids here and there
* mopping the floor
* vacuuming
* dusting
* Cleaning bathrooms (ughhh!)
* Trying to organize anything in our house
* and the list goes on and on and on...

Today is the only day that I don't feel guilty and downright lazy if I don't do some sort of housework. Now, we have to eat and the dishes need to be done after dinner, but other than that, it's ok that I don't do any of the other stuff. Monday will always come and the rest will always be there waiting for me. Darn, sometimes I just wish "chores" would get tired of waiting to be done and do themselves or just leave, but alas, that's not life. How else would we learn so many important things in life.

And on the seventh day God ended his work
which he had made; and he rested on the seventh day
from all his work which he had made. (Genesis 2:2)

No comments: