Are there sign twirlers in your city? I see them ALL THE TIME where we live and they kind of drive me crazy. It seems to me that they think it's some cool thing to know how to twist and twirl and throw a sign up in the air all in the name of getting you into the business they are advertising for.
Today I saw a guy out in the middle of the day. Summer is just around the corner and it's already hot out there. He was standing at an intersection doin' his thing and guess what his sign was advertising? "Tricks for Tips". Who in the heck is going to roll down their window or open their door while they're at a traffic light to give the guy a measley tip for doing something that's just annoying?
It seems to me that there's got to be some sign twirling class or something that these people take to get to be as good as they are. Are people really that hard up for a 'job'? On the street? In the heat? I can't believe that this is really some people's job. I wonder if they know how really crazy they look to people driving by. But then, maybe that's your dream job. If so, forgive me for being so annoyed. To each his own. I'm just glad I can choose to do what I want and they can choose to do what they want. Thank goodness for free agency.
Enough about what annoys me, for now. I'm sure there will be more to come. After all, this is my new way of keeping a journal - and it's ok to put feelings down in a journal.
7 years ago
3 comments:
Oh wow, you totally offended me, Kim, because I aspire to be a sign twirler. Won't you pay me to flip a giant arrow around my back? Please??? Come on, I'm pretty good. And what are you going to do anyway, actually CONCENTRATE on driving your car? That is SO last century.
Sign twirling is the future, Kim.
who knows maybe justin will be out there next month sign twirling considering how well his current job is going, and then you will feel obligated to roll down your window and give him a tip:)
p.s. this is rachel...signed in as justin
I totally agree. The funniest thing is that those signs usually point to a certain place. Well, if they're twisting and flipping those signs, how are we going to know which way to go? Idiots!
Post a Comment