Friday, May 22, 2009

Girl's weekend


Last weekend, May 15-17, my mom, sisters, grandma, and I met in St. George for a weekend stay.

We had a blast. They all got to St. George on Thursday evening, then Friday morning Kelli and Makenzie drove to our house to attend Evan's preschool graduation that afternoon. Then Ty and I drove back to St. George with them and Rex took Evan and Mason to the Stake Father's and Son's campout at the Logandale fairgrounds. They had fun too but......

Here's what we did:

*Ate out (Tai restaurant, Chuck-A-Rama, and Nielsen's Frozen Custard)
*Slept in
*Read books
*played games in the hotel
*Took a nap while Ty was napping
*Drove around St. George early Sunday morning (4 am) to get Ty settled down & back to sleep.
*Visited with each other
*Laughed
*Shopped at the Ben Franklin/Ace hardware store
*Shopped at Tai Pan Trading
*Shopped at D.I.
*Shopped the outlet mall
*Shopped Old Navy

I had been looking forward to this weekend for such a long time...well, about two months since we planned it, and, although it was fun, it was not very relaxing. Ty was very clingy and a little fussy the whole time. He was on a prescription for ear infection and drops for goopey eyes. I look forward to the next time (maybe in the fall) when I will be able to go by myself with the girls and just relax and really enjoy my time.

Thanks so much for a fun fun time Ladies!!! I love you all!!! And thanks to Rexy for letting me go.

2 comments:

daurenet said...

Hey there Kim, I bet that it was fun to be there with all your girl family. Sounds like you did alot. I want to go next time! You know as for mothers day, It sounds like it turned out OK. You know I went to church MAD for years. Trying to get there on time and with out extra food lingering about on articles of clothing, changing last minute, Kevin didn't really make it home to help and remeber I had 5 little ones. And you know what everyone told me... This to shall pass. And it does. I know you know that but man is it hard sometimes. You are a great mom. I love ya! daurenet

I Am Karen said...

Kim, What a fun trip! I enjoyed seeing the picture of some of my "loved ones" having fun in St. George. -Karen Mc :)