Tuesday, June 2, 2009

One of 'those' days

You know what I'm talkin' 'bout. Those days when you feel as if you're getting yourself in deeper in whatever kind of hole you're in. That's me today...and always :) My house is disastrous...well, my room, the boys's room, the living room, the bathrooms (of course), and our computer room (the catch-all for 'I don't know where to put it'). The only rooms I feel I have a handle on as far as cleanliness goes for today is Ty's bedroom and the kitchen. At least there are TWO rooms in the house I can feel ok walking into. The problem is, my living room is right in the middle of everything I do. I can't seem to keep it straight.

You know the saying: "This too shall pass". I know that day will come all to quickly when there are no more messes on the floor and little handprints on the windows and walls. As for right now, I could really use a maid - 24 hours a day. Some days I really do wonder about that 'cloning' thing. It would be really nice to have 2 or 3 more of myself to just 'keep up' on everything.

I guess it's time for me to be done moaning and groaning because I have two little hands wanting to 'help' me type and use the mouse.

5 comments:

Aranne and Dan said...

Hang in there Kim! I know you are doing the best you can and that is all that can be asked of you.... Call if you need something.

Rebecca and Co. said...

Kim, I feel just like you on many, many days. Sometimes I say to myself, "I did not get an education and prepare my whole life to be a maid."

And then I say, "YOU'RE RIGHT." Because that's not what I do or who I am, and that's not the role I was meant to play.

It's not the role any of us were.

We are mothers, homemakers, trainers of the next generation. And that is very messy business. :)

I really can't imagine the day that walls are clean and rooms stay the way I leave them, but I hear it happens!

And then we'll be glad for all the good time we spent playing, reading, and enjoying our kids.

(Even if the house was messy.)

Rachel McEwen said...

sometimes i feel like i am cleaning in circles. i always say it is like turning your back on the ocean....you can't do it b/c once you do a huge wave comes and then disaster happens. I feel like i can never turn my back to "my house" b/c then it looks like a disaster happened...make sense? constantly cleaning..constantly cleaning...constantly cleaning...aaaahhh!!

The Whitaker Family said...

OHMYGOSH, Kim, I KNOW!!!!!!!!!! I so hear every word that you typed! ACK!!!!!!!!!!! I could go on and on and on and on and you made my day just to read this blog post! Love you!

Kelsie said...

I like what President Monson said--that some day we will miss all the fingerprints and other messes ... but I think I still have a lot of messy days to come!