THE FIRST PART OF OUR VACATION:
- We left on Friday, July 10th and headed to Fish Lake with Rex's family and stayed at the cabin.
- Saturday we took a trip to beautiful Capital Reef and swam in the water with a waterfall, played at a park, and had a group birthday party for all the family's summer birthdays.
He gets embarrassed when we're taking his picture.
Poor little guy - mom got sunscreen in his eye.
- Sunday we attended church at the Lodge and lounged around the cabins and relaxed.
- Monday, I strained my back getting Ty out of the high chair (AAGGHH, I'm getting old!) - spent about five hours lying on the bed because it made me nauseous to get up plus it really hurt. Ty had a good nap while Rex, Evan, and Mason went on a walk by the lodge and enjoyed nature. They especially loved the sky bench (I still don't know exactly what that is) and the bouncy log they found. Later on when I felt like getting myself off the bed, I went to find them and we played by the water throwing rocks for about an hour.
Rex brought back for us. Too bad he didn't think to pack his.
The problem - I packed everyone except for him.
Tuesday we all went to Capital Reef again with Kay and her kids who weren't there on Saturday. Evan jumped off the cliff into the big waterfall for the first time with cousin Dallin. We're so proud of him. That night we all ate dinner at Bowery Haven - all 19 of us that were still there.
Evan getting ready to jump off the cliff with Dallin.
I didn't get a picture of the actual jump because I was filming.
I hope Grannie got one.
On the way to Capital Reef Mason fell asleep holding onto the folding chair.
I don't see how that can be very comfy.
The problem - I packed everyone except for him.
I didn't get a picture of the actual jump because I was filming.
I hope Grannie got one.
I don't see how that can be very comfy.
- Wednesday we were leaving - Rex was coming back home to go to girl's camp with our ward and the boys and I were continuing on to my parent's for the next week. We met my mom and Grandma Pittman at Cove Fort and hitched a ride with them.
THE SECOND PART OF OUR VACATION:
We went to the open house of the Oquirrh Mountain Utah temple. What a beautiful place. Evan and Mason kept asking when they would get a cookie. They have a reception area for visitors after the tour through the temple where they serve cookies and water.
swim in it after all the dunking was done.
Grandma gives great hair cuts.
Here's Mason enjoying the clip
Evan and Mason found a way to do it in Grandma's family room
(Don't tell Grandpa - he'd have a fit!)
FOR CELEBRATION OF THE 24th OF JULY,
WE WENT TO TUACAHN IN ST. GEORGE:
We swam in the pool at the hotel
1 comment:
Looks like you had a great time and went to really fun places. It is great to get a way and enjoy the summer. Summer went by way too fast and now back to the school routine. Stacey
Post a Comment