Monday, August 24, 2009

First day of Kindergarten

Evan and Aiden (green shirt) waiting in line to go to class.
Evan and Isaiah

Today Evan started Kindergarten. He did great and was so excited to go this morning. It will be a new thing for our family to all be up and out the door by 8:30 every weekday morning. Evan is our really late sleeper, but was a sweetheart when I woke him up this morning.

He and I were both excited to see that two of his friends from preschool, Isaiah and Aiden, and one friend from church, Tory, are in his class.

Surprisingly, no tears from him (of course) or from me (SHOCKING!) were shed. When he started preschool I cried and cried the first day when I dropped him off.

4 comments:

LudvigsonFamily said...

How fun! I can not believe he is in Kindergarten. Tell Evan I think he is the smartest kid in his class!

liesel said...

wow! No crying from either of you! Nice! Sohvi starts next week.... I have no idea what will happen (oh, I think she'll be fine, I just don't know about me).

Rebecca and Co. said...

I suspect that he and Tyce have the same backpack! LOL Glad to hear the first day was great!

Aunt Kay said...

Hey Evan, cool first day of school shirt! I was trying to tell, is it Optimaus Prime from Transformers. Cool! And Kim, I was glad to see that Evan as well as the other kindergarten kids all wore T-shirts for the first day. Somehow I think that I should make my kids wear collared polos for school, but they won't hear of it. I did get Trent and Luke to agree to a once-a-week wearing of a collared shirt, but the first day they both wore T-shirts: Trent-a black one proclaiming in big letters, "Video Game Master." And Luke a football one. Kay