Thursday, January 29, 2009

I dream of...


Jeannie! Wouldn't it be nice if we could just snap our fingers when we wanted something done and it'd be done in an instant? Some days I get so tired of doing laundry, dishes (they're a constant), etc. and I just sit and dream about how nice it would be to be a 'Jeannie'. Then my mind is brought back to reality by three little ones vying for my attention and I think to myself, 'Self, that's not the way Heavenly Father intended it to be. You would be lazy as could be and not learn anything if you could just snap your fingers and have those dinner dishes washed and put away.'

Some days I feel like the kitchen is the last thing I can tackle because it is usually a disaster on most afternoons. Wait a minute, did I say the kitchen was the disaster? I meant the kitchen, living room, our room, the boys' rooms, bathroom, etc., etc. In fact the other day the boys were doing their usual 'clubhouse-fort' thingy in the living room...again. I walked in and happened to say, 'this place is a mess guys', and Evan immediately corrected me - 'It's not a mess mom, it's our fort.' I repented and said I was sorry for calling their fort 'a mess' but it truly was a tornado zone. Let me just paint the picture for you of what they haul into the living room on a fort day like the last few days: every pillow from every bed, all their stuffed animals, all the tupperware, various blankets, their play tent, and anything else they can get their hands on or reach. Oh well, I must take time to enjoy these little ones while they're making 'forts' in my living room. I know they won't be doing it forever.

This is what our living room looks like at this very moment. It's not as bad as it was earlier. I'll have to get a better picture...maybe tomorrow.

2 comments:

Aranne and Dan said...

Hand in there Kim... Boys will be boys, and you are raising some great Boys!

Natalie said...

Isn't it fun? My boys like to take all the pillows and blankets outside on the trampoline. Then I have to yell at them to put them all back where they got them. It's a never ending mess. I have a hard time finding motivation to "pick-up" because I know it will be messy in a matter of minutes. Oh well. That's part of our job, right?