Ever been in a slump? Not a fun feeling.
Our blog has been neglected lately...but to be honest I couldn't care less.
It takes to much of my time that I feel I don't have enough of anyway.
We've been busy with a lot of things going on:
We're trying to buy a new home for our growing family and that has been extremely stressful for me. I know what I want and don't want to settle for less. We've been waiting on two short sales since July...simply a joke. Just waiting and waiting and waiting and waiting with no updates or any word on how they are progressing. I got to the point where I just told Rex that I was done looking but if he wanted to continue, then fine. I wanted to move forward with changing a few things in our current home and make it better if we were going to stay for another little while. Rex kept telling me to hold off and not spend the money when we weren't sure what was going to happen in the near future. Finally a few weeks ago, we found a foreclosure that we really liked. We've put in an offer and things seem to be moving in the right direction. There are a few things that need to be done before we say that this house is ours. With this opportunity closely coming our way, we are really excited. However, it's Christmas time now and that, of course, can be a stressful time of year for some. I just need to calm down and let things run their course and just BE STILL, as President Hinckley said in his nine BE'S.
As I wrote in the last post, we are expecting our fourth child. Of course, pregnancy has its ups and downs. I don't get morning sickness to badly (for which I am extremely grateful), but for the first couple of months I felt anxiety prone, emotional, really edgy, and feeling a little down and out because I hadn't lost weight from having Ty 17 months before. I was extremely excited to be having another little one on the way and at the same time found myself wondering if I could do all that is required of me as a wife and mother of little ones. I am doing much better now with not feeling so anxious but I still feel edgy sometimes.
AHHHH - feels better to get that off my chest. Sometimes just typing away gets it all out.
Hope I didn't lose you in all my rambling.
It takes to much of my time that I feel I don't have enough of anyway.
We've been busy with a lot of things going on:
We're trying to buy a new home for our growing family and that has been extremely stressful for me. I know what I want and don't want to settle for less. We've been waiting on two short sales since July...simply a joke. Just waiting and waiting and waiting and waiting with no updates or any word on how they are progressing. I got to the point where I just told Rex that I was done looking but if he wanted to continue, then fine. I wanted to move forward with changing a few things in our current home and make it better if we were going to stay for another little while. Rex kept telling me to hold off and not spend the money when we weren't sure what was going to happen in the near future. Finally a few weeks ago, we found a foreclosure that we really liked. We've put in an offer and things seem to be moving in the right direction. There are a few things that need to be done before we say that this house is ours. With this opportunity closely coming our way, we are really excited. However, it's Christmas time now and that, of course, can be a stressful time of year for some. I just need to calm down and let things run their course and just BE STILL, as President Hinckley said in his nine BE'S.
As I wrote in the last post, we are expecting our fourth child. Of course, pregnancy has its ups and downs. I don't get morning sickness to badly (for which I am extremely grateful), but for the first couple of months I felt anxiety prone, emotional, really edgy, and feeling a little down and out because I hadn't lost weight from having Ty 17 months before. I was extremely excited to be having another little one on the way and at the same time found myself wondering if I could do all that is required of me as a wife and mother of little ones. I am doing much better now with not feeling so anxious but I still feel edgy sometimes.
AHHHH - feels better to get that off my chest. Sometimes just typing away gets it all out.
Hope I didn't lose you in all my rambling.
___________________________________________________
Rewind to Halloween:
We did Trunk or Treat with our ward. The kids had fun.
Rewind to Halloween:
We did Trunk or Treat with our ward. The kids had fun.
Evan was a pirate.

Ty was Harold and the Purple Crayon.


That's all for now. I'll post more later...hopefully sooner than later.

3 comments:
I like the harold and the purple crayon. What a great idea!
cute costumes!
and i can (partially) relate about the moving frustrations. we are trying for a baby, too, so i am worried/excited about that as well.
all i can say is hang in there. someday you'll get feeling better and more established and normal again! i hope everything works out well with your house- that's exciting!
ohmygoodness I LOVE the costumes! What handsome boys!!!
And I have to say, whenever I first get pregnant I ALWAYS freak out and get nervous and have 2nd thoughts (nice, huh? a little late, Mary!!!). So combine that with house hunting and the holidays PLUS you already have 3 kids? Yeah, cut yourself some slack, Kimbo. It'll be ok. You're great and amazing. Hang in there! xoxoxo!!!!!
PS (YOU ARE, EVE?!?!?!?! Nice way for your sis to find out!!!) ;)
Post a Comment