Monday, October 19, 2009

Civic Duty served

Yes, I did have to go to Jury Duty this past Friday.

No I wasn't excited about it.

I called Thursday night after 6:00 (it was actually 6:00 sharp) and they did say my number had to report the next morning at 9:00.


I think I got called because I deferred a few months ago because of a planned vacation. My number happened to be the very first number.

Rex told me not to worry - I would make a friend right away and the time would go by quickly. He was right. As I was walking from the parking garage i walked across the street with a lady named Jade. We got talking and chit-chatted for the whole 7 hours we were sitting there. Yes sitting for about 7 hours with a few breaks here and there and a lunch break. We talked about our families and all kinds of stuff. Found out she's a counselor at a middle school by where I live.

Overall, everyone there was pretty frustrated because we kept being told we would be updated with what's going on in the courtroom but to no avail.

I told Jade that the people around us probably thought, "How did two best friends happen to get called to jury duty the same day?" Little did they know we just met that afternoon.

You could say I'm a people person...I guess.

No comments: