Thursday, September 24, 2009

Of pre-toddlers and repetition

Anyone who is the parent of a toddler will know what I am talking about.

Every day I just cringe when Ty wants to watch his favorite movie:
Baby Einstein's Baby Mozart

Don't get me wrong - These Baby Einstein movies are great for little ones and so educational and interactive I just get so sick of listening to it I could scream!

Ty also loves a couple of books and I get really bored reading them over and over and over...

I know repetition is so important to little growing minds and I am grateful my little boy is normal.

2 comments:

liesel said...

yeah.... I totally know where you're coming from. I try to go out of the room for most movies and distract myself so I don't have to hear the same thing over a million times.

Naomi said...

OH, I am totally with you. I feel like my brain is drying up completely sometimes when I read the same book fifty times a day. But that's how they learn, right?