Friday, March 27, 2009

Grandma and Aunt Kenzie visit us

Last week my sister, Makenzie, had Spring Break so she and my mom came down on Wednesday and left Saturday. We had so much fun with them. A few days before they came I asked Evan what he wanted to do with them when they were here and he said he wanted Makenzie to draw pictures and he would color them. Aunt Makenzie is a great artist. We wish she lived closer so Evan could draw with her more often.
Evan and Mason have been wanting Rex to pitch the tent and camp outside for awhile. So, Thursday night the tent went up and Evan, Mason, G'ma and Kenz slept outside. It has been perfect weather for a night out. Makenzie and Evan ended up in the house about 5 a.m. because he was cold but mom and Mace slept until it was to hot inside the tent to sleep any longer. Rex and I had a peaceful night sleep in our own bed and Ty slept all night too.

Thursday, Grandma stayed home with Mason and Ty while Kenzie and I took Evan to preschool and went to Costco and ran a few errands. Friday was the FUN day. Rex stayed home with the boys (none of them wanted to go shopping - imagine that!) and Mom, Kenz, and I went shopping. We had a BLAST. We first enjoyed a bite to eat, then went to a new Marshalls store that just opened by my house, and then we were off to our favorite place - D.I. We all found some great deals. It was a much needed shopping day for me when I could spend time with just mom and Kenz. Thanks you guys!

1 comment:

The Whitaker Family said...

Awww! I'm glad you guys had such a blast! I love your fam!