Saturday, February 7, 2009

Goodbye to an old landmark and friend :(






We are SO sad to say that my in-laws' church building burned down this past week. It was a beautiful old-style building that Rex's father helped build part of and it is a devastating loss for Rex's hometown. We're sad to see it go. It will be hard to drive into town and not see it there. When they rebuild, it will probably be a 'cookie-cutter' style like all the others they build now. You can read about it here.

2 comments:

Rebecca and Co. said...

Great job on hyperlinking the RJ article, Kim! I'm sorry about the news though. You're right, it will be hard to go into town and not see the "old" building right there. I would probably feel the same way if the Cholla bldg. burned down here, and I don't have lifelong ties to it like so many do.

kaarina said...

i thought of you guys right away when i heard of this. so, so sad.