Cole was blessed on the 4th of July. I guess it will always be easy to remember the day he was blessed on. Kim's family was in town for the weekend and even with a very full household we were about 10 minutes early for church! Between Kim's family and my family we filled up quite a few pews at church - which is good because it appeared that half our ward was out of town for the holiday weekend. The blessing went well, other than the microphone didn't work so that I had to speak very loudly. I was happy to have all of the following assist me in the circle: Clark, Bryce, David, Dru, Darin, and Grandpa Usher.
After sacrament meeting we had everyone head outside to take pictures while everyone was still in their Sunday best. After church we returned to our house for a BBQ - "4th of July themed" lunch. This was the first time our home had hosted such a large group and it seemed to handle the crowd pretty well. I cooked some marinated steak, hotdogs, and hamburgers and everyone else brought various other dishes - and we all had a good lunch.
After lunch we all looked at Grannie Annie's pictures and souvenirs from her trip to Peru. She brought our boys Peruvian soccer jerseys (Kim had requested these as she loved the soccer jersey's I brought her back from Ireland last year). All the rest of the grandchildren got woolen peruvian hats. Afterwards my family headed for home and the rest of rested up for a bit before finishing the evening watching fireworks from the HOA park down the street. It was a terrific day. Thank you to everyone who traveled and shared in this special day for Cole.
Those who participated in Cole's blessing. From left to right: Clark, Bryce, David, Cole, Rex, Dru, Darin, Grandpa Usher, (not pictured) Bishop Cureton, Brother Jones
Those who came for Cole's blessing day.
Cole in his blessing outfit.

Looking at souvenirs from Peru

Cole in his 4th of July outfit

2 comments:
I can't handle the cuteness! :)
Wow, he's a doll and so big already!!! Fun to see pics of people I love! :>
Post a Comment