Saturday, February 20, 2010

Due to weather conditions...

Our plan for today was to be traveling home...but due to bad weather, we decided not to risk it and are staying another day...or two. Tomorrow is supposed to be stormy too, so we may have to leave and go home on Monday. Not my first choice because Evan will miss school on Monday, but it's better to be safe than sorry.

Last night all three of the boys went to Aunt Kelli's and Aunt Makenzie's house to spend the night. I wasn't sure how Ty would do but he did just fine and had a fun time. It was his first time for a 'sleepover'. I guess everytime Evan and Mason go, now he'll want to go too when we're here.

Today they went out to Denny's for breakfast, went to Jump On It and played, got ice cream cones at Baskin Robbins, went back to Kelli's to rest for awhile while Ty took a nap, then we all met up at Golden Corral for dinner. Talk about royal treatment.

This morning for me was very relaxing. I slept in until...I shall not say the time because I'm a little embarrassed. I got up and had a leisurely breakfast, got myself ready for the day, then Mom, Dru, and I went shopping. What a fun time we had. We shopped at Joann's, Big Lots, and D.I. How much did I spend? Well, not a penny at Joann's (surprising), at Big Lots I spent a little money (amount shall be left unsaid :) I bought some curtains for our new house and some other decorative items. At D.I. I spent $14.00 for 2 pairs of shoes that I love and a little onesie for our new baby.

What fun it is to shop with others who aren't in a hurry to get in and out of stores and are patient shoppers. I loved today!!!

Thanks for a fun week, family. Let's do it again, soon!

2 comments:

The Whitaker Family said...

Wow, what luxury!!! And single sibs to spoil your kiddos... Glad to hear you've been living it up! Love you, hon!

Kelsie said...

How nice to have a day to do whatever you want! (I need one, too, please!) I'm glad you got to enjoy it!

And, FYI, the garlic clove you asked about was plastic--from my girls' play kitchen. :) If I figure out some way to get them to eat straight garlic, though, I'll let you know. :)