Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Today's happenings

I'm mostly excited about our new house but I've been feeling a little, shall I say melancholy, lately. I will be sad to leave our small little house behind when we move. I know I will love the space I'll be getting and all the extra room. I don't feel like it's home yet, obviously, because NONE of our own belongings are in yet. Every time I go to the new house, I still have to ask myself, 'Is this really going to be our house?'

I'm trying to just enjoy this week and getting ready for Christmas Day.
Today I made crockpot chili. It was delish for a windy, cold day.
I did a little bit of laundry, did a few dishes, sorted through baby clothes,
and just enjoyed my kids.

Tonight Rex went to a football game with his 3 brothers and the boys and I stayed home and watched a movie and had orange julius and popcorn.

Ty had a bonkers. Apparently he was jumping off a bed and hit his nose on the vaporizer that I was thinking about putting away earlier today. (Shoulda done it!) He came out crying and there was blood on his face. Wouldn't let me ice it or put any pressure on it.

Got him settled down a little bit and tried to wipe it so I could see how bad the damage was. I could see that the skin was just pulled away a little but it wasn't gushing blood or swelling real bad. I decided it would be ok.

I later called my friend, Robin, to ask her opinion. She came over and looked at it and said it looked ok and didn't think stitches were necessary.

I cleaned it with hydrogen peroxide (that wasn't fun!) and put triple antibiotic ointment and a bandaid on it. Bandaids make ANYTHING feel better, right? No more tears.

We'll see how it looks in the morning.

Poor kid will probably have black and blue nose and eyes for Christmas.

(pictures to come)

No comments: