As I said on one of my last posts, this week has been very hectic. So many things to do to get ready to go on vacation. Today has been no different except that it's the day I have to have everything done because we're leaving tonight or in the morning -sooooo- it's been a day from heck. Need I say any more? Yes.
Let me start by saying a certain little 16 1/2 month old boy whom I love so dearly, who shall remain unnamed for this post, has been clingy clingy clingy - LIKE STATIC! You know what I mean - when you pull clothes out of the dryer and you literally have to pry them apart. He has wanted to be attached at my hip and doesn't want to be put down. Then when I do put him down he immediately pulls all the stuff to be packed off his bed, all the swimming stuff out of the swimming bag, and then goes back to crying for me to hold him. Right now, he is screaming and I'm just trying to keep my sanity by writing down how FRUSTRATED I am at the moment. Just five minutes of quiet is all I need without anyone calling 'Mommy', to regain my little bit of sanity.
I remember when my mom and dad had all us kids at home and we'd be constantly needing mom's attention. Somebody would call out "MOM!" and she would reply, "THERE'S NOBODY HERE BY THAT NAME!"
Today I want to say "THERE'S NOBODY HERE BY THAT NAME!!!"
On another note: I DO love being a mother. It is the most important job in all the world. I wouldn't trade it for anything - well, most days. Sometimes I wish I could trade Rex positions just for a day. Then I think I could come back and handle all I need to do.
7 years ago
7 comments:
Hang in there! Sending giggles your way!
I am having one of those days too, right now I locked myself in the office and Justin is downstairs dealing with the kiddos. It is so funny how a moment of silence does wonders:) Enjoy your vacation!
I love you, Kim! I love, love, LOVE that you write about your frustrations too. I'm going to save that quote from your mom to use later. I love it!
Have a great vacation-- can't wait to read about it... :)
We're in the same boat, except my little broken record is 2 1/2 years old. Someday I'm sure we'll miss it, but for right now, I'll have to remember to use your mom's response. :-)
that is SO your Mom, I love it! We all have those days.
I always say "I'm changing my name to Sally." No more Mom.
I LOVE YOU KIM!!!! I HOPE YOU HAVE A SUPER FUN VACATION!
Post a Comment