Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Happy April Fools Day!









Today was a fun day. Evan thought it was very cool that it was ok to play jokes on me all day long.

I really wanted to make an April Fools dinner for our family. On the way home from Evan's preschool we had to stop at Smith's for a few grocery items. He just wanted to go right home and so started throwing a fit when I told him we had to stop for a few minutes. Well, to get him calmed down, I had to tell him what I was doing - making an April Fools dinner. Then we had a great idea to take some of it to our friends, the Foutz's. Needless to say he was pumped and ready to go shopping for our 'dinner'.

We made 'fishsticks and peas' (top) and meatloaf and mashed potatoe 'cupcakes' (bottom). It was very time consuming but we had a really fun time doing it. Rolling the peas was by far the MOST time consuming of all! That was Evan's job after I did a few :)

No comments: