Last week when my sister and brother left to go home after being with us for the Thanksgiving weekend, they took Mason with them for a vacation all to himself at Grandma and Grandpa's. They left last Sunday morning, so I haven't seen Mace for 7 long days! (I really miss you Mace!!!) I am really grateful for my family having him there. He is our middle child and lately I have really felt like he needs some one on one attention. Evan has had several chances to do this by himself, so it was about time for Macey's turn. He has done really well. The only time he was homesick was the second night. They called me and told me he was crying and wanted to come home to sleep in his own bed and go back to Grandma's the next day. They explained that it was to far to take him that night and he said "we can just speed ahead". Evan and Mason have a pretend button in our car that they 'push' whenever they want to go faster and they say "SPEED AHEAD!".
I talked to Mason for a little while on the phone and read one of his favorite story books, "The Very Silly Shark". Then he started crying again. I started to cry and was really hoping he was just tired after a few busy days. They finally got him settled down and asleep. The next day and every day since then, he has been just fine.
I can't wait for him to come home so I can give him a big squeeze and a kiss. We love you, Mason!
4 comments:
I love the picture at the top of your blog. Your kids are a good mixture of you and Rex. Merry Christmas!
that is so sweet. i would cry too. The picture a the top is REALLY cute! i can't believe how much Mason looks like you in that picture:)
p.s. thank you so much for the christmas wrapping paper. I think that the poem and everything was ADORABLE!!!!!!! thank you soo much
Doesn't it just break your heart when your kids cry?!? I'm glad I'm not the only one..... Course maybe the preggo hormones make it worse but still. Tugs at your heart like nothing else... Love the imaginary button, btw!
Post a Comment