Evan has been so excited to start preschool again this year. He absolutely loved it last year and is going to love it this year too. He is now in the older class and was excited to go to the same classroom as his friend, Trevin, last year. We are so proud of him.
They have show and tell one day of the week and last week he was so excited to take his rock collection. For about the last 2 months one of his favorite things to do is get rocks from our front yard and paint them with his water colors. He is so proud of them. They have a special place right by his bed and every day he seems to pull them out at some point.
Evan and Mason love to play 'house'. They usually both want to be the mommy. It just cracks me up. I remember one time in church they somehow got arguing over who was going to be the mommy. I'm glad they both want to play my part. I guess that says something good about me. Anyway, yesterday Evan was the mommy and I found him 'nursing' his baby along with giving the baby pretend medicine for a fever, putting baby to bed (picture), and changing baby's diaper. I just love my boys. Everyday they amaze me with things they come up with.
Mason is turning 3 next Thursday. He is so funny. Just yesterday he started using a BIG word. He said to me 'ACTUALLY mom...'. I can't remember what we were talking about but I do remember the word 'actually', and the way he says it is 'axsewally'. Evan learned that word early on too, and since then, I have been told by my family that I use that word quite often. I am starting to recognize it more in my own vocabulary. Have you ever had someone tell you that you say something or do something pretty often and then you're self conscious about it? It is amazing (and a little scary) that our kids do (*) listen and mimic what we do and/or say. (I almost used the word 'actually' in that last sentence where the * is, but then caught myself :) Does anyone get my drift? I feel like I'm rambling. But then, what's a blog for!
4 comments:
Such cute boys!!! I love them! Have fun in school Evan! Come play some time!
Kim the boys are all so cute and look so much like you and Rex I can't decide! Just wanted to say how much I enjoyed talking the other day. Thanks.
hi kim! i love your stories & thoughts about your darling boys.
and we REALLY need to get together! it's been too long! in fact, i'm going to call you right now!
:)
Your kids are just too cute. Thanks for inviting us over on Sunday. You have such a sweet family!
This is in response to earlier comments re: your blog being your journal. One, I totally agree. Even "nothing" will seem like a big something 10 or more years down the road. And two, there is a site that can convert your blog into a book, pictures and all. I did it last year for all of my posts and it looks great. The site is blurb.com, and you just download their software, "slurp" (import) your blog, mess with the layout if you want, and then submit it for printing. Mine arrived in less than 2 weeks (as I remember). It is a little pricey (mine was 122 pages, hardbound, and around $50) but it is heirloom quality (meaning better than a spiral notebook, and better quality/cheaper than printing it yourself--ink alone would be 50 bucks, right?). There are cheaper options, such as soft cover and less pages, of course. Anyway, something to think about. If you want to set it up and need some help, just let me know. :)
Post a Comment