
Evan is excited to be in first grade and to have his own desk.
The only person he really knows that will be in his class
is Cameron, his best friend, from Kindergarten.
There will be lots of new faces and people for him to become friends with this year.
------------------------------------
I had to laugh this morning:
I went to wake him up and I said
"Good morning my little first grader."
He said to me, "Good morning my alarm clock."
---------------------------------------
I've been a little melancholy with him starting to go to school all day.
In Kindergarten they only go for 2 hours 40 minutes, and now he'll be gone from home for
6 hours 20 minutes. That's a big difference! He'll probably come home tired and hopefully be able to sleep well tonight.
We have had a hard time getting him to bed at night. He's a night owl
like his parents and for the last few months has had a hard time falling asleep.
We're going to have to help him get to sleep earlier somehow.
We'll see how the next few weeks go with him going to school all day.
The only person he really knows that will be in his class
is Cameron, his best friend, from Kindergarten.
There will be lots of new faces and people for him to become friends with this year.
------------------------------------
I had to laugh this morning:
I went to wake him up and I said
"Good morning my little first grader."
He said to me, "Good morning my alarm clock."
---------------------------------------
I've been a little melancholy with him starting to go to school all day.
In Kindergarten they only go for 2 hours 40 minutes, and now he'll be gone from home for
6 hours 20 minutes. That's a big difference! He'll probably come home tired and hopefully be able to sleep well tonight.
We have had a hard time getting him to bed at night. He's a night owl
like his parents and for the last few months has had a hard time falling asleep.
We're going to have to help him get to sleep earlier somehow.
We'll see how the next few weeks go with him going to school all day.

1 comment:
So how has it gone? His reply cracked me up-- such funny kiddos you have, Kimbo! I'm sad to even think of my kids starting school-- good thing I have a few years yet!
Post a Comment