Thursday, August 19, 2010

40th Birthday

Guess who's over the hill? I guess that would be me. Kim threw me a surprise party for my 40th birthday at one of our city parks. Boy was I surprised! She told me that we were meeting some friends at this park so the kids could play in the splash pad there. As we rounded the corner to go to the splash pad - I saw Kim's brother Dru. At that point I knew something was up. Everyone started singing Happy Birthday and the party got started. I was overwhelmed by how many people were there. Everytime I turned around I would see someone else I knew. Kim apparently had been planning this for quite some time and had sent out invitations to a lot of people. I really enjoyed visiting with everyone that came. Later in the evening my mom read a poem that she wrote for the occasion. What a great birthday. Thanks Kim for planning such a great surprise. Thanks to all those that helped Kim with all the party preparations. And thanks to all those that came and to all the sent me their best birthday wishes.








No comments: