It is pretty interesting when you get to be around my age and people you know start becoming 'famous'.
Seth Hippen was in my ward growing up and I MAY have gone on a date or two with him...or maybe it was that I WANTED to go out with him...I can't remember between my wishes as a teenager and what REALLY happened. Anyway, he is an artist and was always drawing stuff for different projects at school and for our ward. His mom was one of my Young Women leaders and one year for girls camp she had him draw a girl in 'boot camp' gear for our t-shirts. I remember him saying that his dream was to work for Disney.
Even though my dream of dating him may not have come true, his dream came true and he works for Disney as an animator. He worked on the most recently released movie 'Alice in Wonderland'. I did not intend to see this movie because, as all of Tim Burton's movies, this one looks quite bizarre, is an odd story line anyway, and just plain weird. BUT, now that I know personally the guy who did some animation on it, I may just have to see it for the heck of it.
View this video clip and story on KSL.com
7 years ago
6 comments:
Thats really cool about Seth, I had no idea! Thanks for sharing! (I had one of those camp shirts too)
Save some room on your 'claim to fames' for me when I publish my children's book that I wrote and am illustrating! ;)
I saw the clip with Seth Hippen on the news and remembered he went to MV. I have to admit my interest is peaked since someone I knew worked on it. A friend of mine saw the movie and really liked it.
I am coming your direction in April for a family wedding and was wondering if you wanted to try to get together for a quick visit. I'm not sure how much time I will have, but it would be fun to see you and your family before we leave.
The movie wasn't that weird. My kids liked it. Cool!
No it is not too late for the butterflies. In fact, it is probably better timing b/c it is warmer outside. We had to hold off for a while so that the weather was warmer before we let them loose. The kids got it for christmas.
my post was not an announcement. Sorry :)
Kim,
It was so good to see you today. It totally made my day. I hope you have a nice visit with your family. Hope to see you in April.
Post a Comment