Life has been crazy at our house this last month. Rex and I are trying to manage our 5 little ones and still keep sane. Paige is a GREAT baby - she sleeps great - in fact last night she slept for 10 hours straight. All our kids have been good sleepers from the beginning. Lately Ty and Mason have been getting up several times in the night and come into our room.
Ty has been our little challenge this month...actually, the last 3 or so months. He is very demanding of our attention and time. If things don't go as he thinks they should, he loses patience and throws a fit. He wants us to do everything for him. Ever since Paige's birth, he has decided that he only has 1 or 2 'cool' clothes to wear. For the last 2 weeks, he's worn the same red and white shorts and Ninjago shirt every day and night. He refuses to wear any pajamas - every few days we manage to get them off him to wash and then they go right back on as soon as they are done in the dryer. I'm realizing it is kind of nice though because he generates hardly any laundry. Oh, he also refuses to wear underwear because he can't find the 'perfect' pair. They are either to small or to big or not the right 'picture' or just plain 'not cool'. We have given up trying to argue with him about it. Life is a lot happier for us all when we don't force the issue and just let him wear what he wants. We hope it's just a stage that he'll grow out of quickly. We also took him out of preschool. It was a nightmare trying to get him to go. He'd cry and say he wasn't going every day he was supposed to go. I finally relented and just took him out. When I asked why he didn't want to go to preschool anymore, he'd say, "I just want to stay home with you."
OK - I guess I'll let you stay home then. I told Rex the other day that I feel like he is doing a little better now. Poor little guy, he is now the middle child (if that explains anything). I think he was feeling the effects of a little one about to be born to take time and attention away from him and he didn't like it. He is now not as much of a stinker. He is more willing to do things and seems to be more cooperative lately.
Like this post title says, Paige is now 1 month old. She is so much fun! She has smiled a few times the last few weeks kind of on a whim, but today she really smiled at me. She was looking right into my eyes as I was talking to her and the sides of her mouth just curled up and it melted my heart! She did it a few times, so I know it wasn't just a 'gas' smile or grimace - it was an ACTUAL smile. She's had a diaper rash the last 2 1/2-3 weeks. I thought with our other babies that their rashes were caused by Pampers and Huggies but I think the wipes have always been the culprit. Since I have been using a wet wash cloth to wipe her bottom when whe poops, it seems to be a lot better. I think baby poop is part of it too. Every time she poops, she just cries and cries but her bottom isn't raw.
No comments:
Post a Comment